Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Support your developers

For a long time now I have used a number of free and/or open source applications. In fact I prefer them generally to paid applications for many reasons but namely because they are free. Lately though I have felt that the great folks who contribute these excellent software packages need and should see the support that they deserve. So I have begun contributing small donations to many of the products I use on a regular basis. I figure for something like Cyberduck which I use daily there is absolutely no reason to ignore their requests for donations. This program is indispensable in my day to day.

Please don't construe this as me requesting any kinds of donations from anyone I personally don't feel I have written anything worth any monetary value. But I do ask that you support the creators of the free applications that you use regularly, and make a small donation to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment